As yet another London Fashion Week (LFW) drew to a close yesterday, we’re sure all the fashionistas who were in attendance were dying to pop off their fabulous shoes and reflect on their experiences over a warm Chai Tea. Whilst we’re not so sure our Senior Press officer, Dominique Gardiner, had 5 minutes for a cuppa – she was still kind enough to give us the low-down on her LFW adventures. Go pop the kettle on, take a comfy seat and read on to find out what she got up to:
Friday 20th February:
- I met up with Afua Adom, the entertainment editor at Pride Magazine and Showbiz Weekly presenter on Arise TV.
- We then did street style pics around the courtyard at Somerset House. I had my photograph taken a few times and one of my pics even made it onto Fashion Bomb Daily!
You can check out the full post here.
- Afterwards, we popped over to the UGG Sanctuary at the ME Hotel to charge our phones, have drinks and relax (they had manicures, massages and hair styling treatments available) and I even got a pair of UGG slippers.
- Then I met up with Rebecca James (if you haven’t heard of her yet, you need check her out).
- We sat second row at the Jean-Pierre Braganza show behind Little Mix and Leah Weller. The show took place at the Showspace at Somerset House and the main trends were: fur, leather and embellishment – with a sexy ‘40s vibe running throughout.
- Then we raced over to the Waldorf Hilton Hotel for Paul Costelloe’s show which was full of bright tweeds, coloured velvet, a mixture of textures and loads of pinks and oranges. The dresses were teamed with chunky high-heeled hiking boots which looked amazing – everyone was talking about the boots.
- Then we went back to the UGG Sanctuary to upload pics on social media, eat and drink champagne.
Sunday 22nd February:
- I met up with Afua Adom, the entertainment editor at Pride Magazine and Showbiz Weekly presenter on Arise TV again.
- We went to the Ethologie show by Jasper Garvida at the Radio Rooftop bar at the ME Hotel: loads of feathers, white, gold, silver embroidery and embellishment.
- Popped off to the UGG Sanctuary to upload pics.
- We then queued for ages for the Charli Cohen show at the ME Hotel. It was sports luxe on fitness models with killer abs; sporty harem pants, fitted tops and an amazing silver parka jacket to finish.
- Went onto the Media Lounge at the Radio Rooftop bar.
- Then I did street style pics but the rain ruined it.
- Finally, we went for lunch at the Pizza Express as it was the closest place to avoid the rain!
Who I spotted in schuh shoes #MyLFWschuhs:
Maria Coole (Deputy Editor at Look Magazine) showing how it’s done in schuh Question flats.
Lucy Wood (Head of Fashion News at Look Magazine) in schuh Wanted slip-ons.
AJ Odudu (TV Presenter and blogger and Vlogger) rocking the schuh Uptown heels.
Theresa Caney (Editor of Company Magazine) styling our adidas Stan Smith trainers down to a fine art.